Call for Submissions - AST Community Art Show
We are busy planning for our upcoming AST Community Art show! The exhibition runs June 25 to July 22, and we are actively seeking submissions from the AST community.
Throughout the year, the AST Arts and Theology Committee hosts a range of exhibitions and events to enhance the conversation between academic theology and the creative arts. Last year, we hosted an AST Community Art Show, and it was such a success that we are holding another one this year. This group show is an opportunity to share and celebrate the ways that people within our school community explore theology, spirituality, or simply the creative process through their own visual art practice.
Submissions are welcome from artists, both aspiring and established, in two categories: two-dimensional artwork and artistic video/images
Two-Dimensional Artwork (painting, photography, printmaking, collage, drawing, etc.)
- Participants can submit up to two pieces of artwork
- There are no size requirements this year, but do keep in mind our limited exhibition space
- Submitted two-dimensional works should be ready to hang
Artistic Video/Images – New this year!
- We are welcoming artistic videos and “e-images” this year
- Due to technical limitations, videos and images will be displayed only during the opening reception. We are unable to accommodate a display for the duration of the show.
- Videos are limited to 15 minutes or less and should be submitted in either avi or mp4 format (via DVD)
- Images can be accommodated in most standard formats (via DVD or CD)
Reserve Your Spot!
- If you are interested in showing your work, please reserve your spot by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 31, 2013
- Remember to specify the type of artwork you are submitting.
- Two-dimensional works should be clearly labeled on the back with artist’s name, telephone number, email address, the title of the work, and the medium.
- Artistic Video/Images are to be submitted via DVD or CD and should include a note with the artist’s name, telephone number, email address, the title of the work, and the medium (video, scanned painting, photo, etc.)
- All artworks submitted are to include a descriptive paragraph of what the work is about and what inspired it
- Work is to be delivered to the AST library on June 17 between 1:00 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Work is to be picked up from the AST library on July 24 between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m.
More About the Show
- Opening reception on Tuesday, June 25 from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. We hope as many of the artists as possible will be in attendance!
- Show runs from June 25 to July 22 and will be dismantled on July 23.
What if? . . . and other nitty gritty
- In the case of too many submissions (we’re dreamers, what can I say!) priority will be given to works by current students of AST, then current faculty/staff, then alumni, then finally, friends and associates, as space allows.
- The Arts and Theology Committee will not co-ordinate any sales of artwork. However, participating artists are welcome to organize sales privately. The committee will produce a pricelist including contact information of those artists interested in selling their work. Participating artists should include this information with their submissions. The committee takes no commission on sales.
- The Arts and Theology Committee does not insure artwork shown in the AST gallery
- Reserve your spot and help us cover the walls with inspiring works of art – what better way to encourage our hard-working summer distance students!