Third Party Neutral Conflict Resolution Certificate
Fall Term 2017
WHEN: October 30 to November 3, 2017
WHERE: AST Campus, 660 Francklyn Street, Halifax, NS
COST: $1600 plus HST / Not for profit rate is $1,150 / FT Students $600 / PT Students $850
REGISTRATION: Register online
Print this information (pdf)
The Canadian Institute for Conflict Resolution and AST have partnered to bring this program to the AST campus. Known as TPN, this unique, comprehensive and accredited four-module program (160 hours), will teach participants how to uncover the sources and dynamics of conflicts, clarify intentions, and facilitate the development of solutions toward reconciliation.
TPN 1 is the first training module (of four), and participants will receive a 40-hour certificate, upon completion. (A 160-hour Third Party Neutral Program Certificate is issued upon completion of all four modules. Please refer to the CICR website for further information: http://www.cicr-icrc.ca)
TPN 1 is the prerequisite for all of the other TPN modules. In this first module, participants will:
- Explore the spectrum of conflict resolution.
- Examine the layers of conflict with an emphasis on deep-rooted / identity-based issues.
- Discover the core attributes of community-based conflict resolution.
- Learn the core principles for being an effective Third Party Neutral.
- Practice various techniques, including guidelines for mediators, the mediation process and process checklists.
- Be introduced to facilitation, group dynamics and framing of issues through role plays.
Trainer: Patricia Brady, B.A, M.Ed, CCC, Certified Mediator (FMC) and Accredited Peace Professional
- As a certified mediator and facilitator with more than 15 years of experience, Patricia is an expert in conflict resolution. Passionately dedicated, she has taught all four modules of the TPN program since 2010.
- Email Patricia Brady
Project Coordinator: Marilyn J. Sweet, M. Div (AST1992) TPN (2015) Q. Med (2017)
- Email Marilyn Sweet