The Rev. Dr. Ross Bartlett
Phone: 902 429 6495
Atlantic School of Theology
"Always be ready to give an answer to those who ask about the hope in you but do so with gentleness and respect."
(1 Peter 3:15-16)
B.A. (Hons.) (Queen's University)
M.Div. (University of St. Andrew's/Queen's Theological College)
M.A. (Queen's University)
Th.D. (Toronto School of Theology/Victoria University)
D.Min. (Princeton Theological Seminary)
The process of learning continues everywhere for those who are open to it. Formal education opportunities represent the opportunity to gain the insights and skills we apply elsewhere. My greatest joy is to see the light of newfound awareness shine in another’s eyes. That is holy ground.
Effective preaching; Social Justice Movements; Vital Canadian Churches
United Church History; United Church Polity and Leadership; History of the European Reformations; Introductory and Advanced Preaching
- Speaking Church: Language for Sub/urban communities of faith
- Talking of Faith: Exercises for Tongue Tied Liberal Evangelicals
- “Into the New Millennium,” in Don Schweitzer (ed)., The United Church of Canada: A History (Waterloo: Wilfred Laurier Press, 2012)
- Whom Shall I Fear: Lenten Reflections on the Psalms of Lament (Toronto: UCPH, 2005).
- Co-author, The Authority and Interpretation of Scripture (Toronto: UCPH, 1989,1992).
- “A Profusion of Streams: A study of ministry paths in the United Church of Canada.” Presented to the Symposium on Ministry, Queen’s University, 2013.
- “Beyond Sexuality: The Canadian Experience.” Uniting Church Studies, Vol. 6, no. 1 (March 2000): 15-24.
- "John Foxe as Hagiographer - the question revisited." Sixteenth Century Journal, Vol. 26, no. 4 (Winter 1995): 771-789.
- Ordained Minister, The United Church of Canada
- Member, Canadian Society for Church History
- Member, Academy of Homiletics
Grants and Awards received
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Queen’s Theological College, 2008
- Community Sabbatical Scholarship Award, Centre for Studies in Religion and Society, University of Victoria, Victoria, BC, 2007
Personal and Professional Coaching; Church Consulting