The Rev. Dr. Russell Daye
Atlantic School of Theology
“I would not give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would give my life for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.” --Oliver Wendell Holmes
B.A. (Hon) (St. Francis Xavier University)
B.Th. (McGill University)
M.Div. (United Theological College, McGill)
Ph.D. (Concordia University)
Senior Minister, St. Andrew’s United Church, Halifax, NS
The Medium and the Message in Preaching, Introduction to Christian Ethics, United Church History and Polity, Christianity and Modernity, Christianity in Global Perspective, Church and Mission in Context, United Church History and Theology
- Reconciliation and political forgiveness
- Dynamics of thriving faith communities
- Innovations in preaching and homiletics
- The Thriving Christian Communities Project
- The EDGE Network of Church Consultants
- Fieldwork in Lebanon linking refugee mission sites to Canadian faith communities
- Lecturer in Theology and Ethics, Pacific Theological College, Suva, Fiji
- Advisor, Ecumenical Centre for Research, Education, and Advocacy (ECREA), Suva, Fiji
- Advisor Ministry of National Unity and Reconciliation, Fiji
- Lecturer, Department of Religion, Concordia University
- Lecturer, McGill University Theological Consortium
- Political Forgiveness: Lessons from South Africa (Maryknoll: Orbis Books, 2004).
- “Religion and Modernisation in Micronesia: the Pohnpeian Case.”Globalisation
- and the Reshaping of Christianity in the Pacific Islands, Manfred Ernst, ed. (Suva: PTC, 2005).
- “Responsible Change in the Wake of Apartheid: the Case of Toyota South Africa.”
- International Businesses and the Dilemmas of Development: Case Studies on Global Responsibility, Vol. 2, Frederick Bird and Emmanuel Raufflet, eds. (London: Palgrave, 2004).
- “Cheek Turning is not Submission: Jesus’ Ethic of Non-Violent Resistance.” The Pacific Journal of Theology, Series II no. 30, 2003.
- “Poverty, Race Relations, and the Practices of International Business: A Study of Fiji.” Journal of Business Ethics (2011).
- “Finding Your Congregation’s Truth.” Mandate Magazine (Feb 2010)
- Rowntree Fellowship (with Robert Fennell) for The Thriving Christian Communities Project
- SSHRCC Doctoral Fellowship
Hiking (especially in the desert), canoeing and kayaking, interfaith cooperation for justice, time with my two teenage sons, Sam and Will