Financial Assistance at AST
Detailed information on Financial Assistance is available in the current Academic Calendar (see page 65).
AST manages numerous bursaries, which annually assist 45 to 50 persons and totals $55,000+. Application forms (pdf) detail individual financial circumstances. Deadline for applications is September 30 each year; awards are usually made by October 31. Contact the Academic Office at (902)423-5592 with any questions.
Pine Hill Divinity Hall supports United Church Students studying at AST. All United Church of Canada candidates for ministry certified by Presbytery, District, Synod or Conference Admissions Board, including In Ministry Program for Ordination students are eligible to apply for financial assistance. Bursaries are also available for a limited number of lay applicants. For more information, contact Brenda Munro at (902) 423-3158.
Full-time theological students studying for ordination in the Anglican Church of Canada may be eligible for tuition assistance. Funding is also available to part-time and non-ordination stream candidates.
Roman Catholic students may be eligible for financial assistance through the Vocations Office of their diocese.
In addition, the Academic Office has received the following information on external applications:
- The Anglican Foundation of Canada Deadline March 15
- Canadian Federation of University Women Award, Truro Deadline May 13
- Canadian Federation of University Women Memorial Scholarship, Halifax Deadline June 15
- ESTARL Scholarship Awards New Brunswick Deadline June 30
- ESTARL Scholarship Awards Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island Deadline October 31
- The Fund for Theological Education Ministry Fellowships Deadline March 1
- RBC Aboriginal Student Awards Program Deadline February 28
- Martin Moser Society for Theological Studies Deadline May 11
Information and Application (pdf)
- Scholarship Award of the Bell Aliant Pioneer Volunteers Deadline May 15