Interlibrary Loans and Novanet Express
For AST students, faculty and staff only.
If a book or a journal article is not available at the AST Library, we can usually get it for you from another library.
There are two methods:
- If the item is not available at AST or other Novanet libraries, you can order it through our Interlibrary Loans service. Depending on where it is held, it usually takes between 1 - 2 weeks to receive the item. Books are often free and photocopies usually cost $5. Please indicate how much you are willing to pay for each ILL request in the "Maximum Cost" field on the ILL form. Note: copyright guidelines prohibit copying entire books or journals. For more details see our posters near the photocopiers or http://www.accesscopyright.ca
- Most of our research databases have a Interlibrary Loans feature which automatically fills out the form for you. Please make sure all the information is correct and complete. You can also directly access our Interlibrary Loans forms online. You will need your library card's 14 digit barcode number and your password (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number on file with the Circulation Desk)
- Pick up your requested items at the Circulation Desk. Interlibrary Loan items must be returned to the Circulation Desk on or before the due date
- Can't find what you are looking for in Novanet? Search WorldCat for items from libraries in other provinces
- If the item is in the Novanet catalogue, you should use Novanet Express. This is a free service and takes 3-5 business days. You can also use most materials of any Novanet Library if you go in person. Make sure you have your Novanet Card or your AST Student ID Card with you
If you have any questions, feel free to contact our Document Delivery staff, tel: 902-423-0111.