Library Resources for Off-Campus & Distance Students
- Books & videos -- AST students who live more than two hours from AST may borrow and return books via the mail
- Articles and essays -- The library will fax, mail, or email journal articles to those who live more than two hours from AST
- Instructions for Novanet Express and Interlibrary Loan for AST Distance Students
- ASIN borrowing cards are available for all AST Distance students
- For more information, contact the Circulation desk 902-423-7986
- To have materials mailed or faxed contact Brad Murray 902-423-0111
How to access AST's online resources from off campus
- See the Ask a Librarian page
- The Circulation Desk can be reached at 902-423-7986
Minimal technology requirements
- The latest versions of Internet Explorer, Firefox, or Safari are the minimal internet browser required to use our online resources
- High speed access is required for most of our research databases and online journals
- AST uses Brightspace. Students having problems accessing Brightspace can contact the ITSS Help Desk at Saint Mary's University at 902-496-8111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please note in your communication with the SMU Helpdesk that you are an AST student. If you require additional assistance, you may contact the Registrar’s Office at AST by email only please at email@example.com
- If you send an email message, please include “Brightspace Login Difficulties” in the subject line of the email message
ATLA Reciprocal Borrowing Initiative
The AST library is a member of the American Theological Library Association (ATLA) based out of the United States. ATLA has recently started a program to connect member schools and to serve and loan materials out to distance and visiting students and faculty. A list of participating libraries is provided in the link below.
- Be a patron in good standing at a participating library.
- Be prepared to show proof of current enrollment at a participating library.
- Be informed about and abide by the rules and policies of the libraries they use.
- Return materials in a timely fashion according to the rules of the lending library.
- Assume responsibility for all materials borrowed, including but not limited to payment for lost/damaged materials and overdue fines
Questions, please contact Brad Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org