Renewing your loans in Novanet
Follow these steps to renew your loans in the Novanet catalogue. This includes books, recordings, and Novanet Express items. Interlibrary loan items cannot be renewed.
1. Go to the Novanet catalogue from the AST Libary homepage at http://www.astheology.ns.ca/library/
2. Click on in the upper right hand of the screen.
3. Enter your 14 digit library card barcode and your password (usually the last 4 digits of your phone number). Click on the Login button. If it does not accept your password, contact the library.
4. Click on the My Library Account tab that appears.
5. Click on Loans / Renewals link or Loans / Renewals tab.
6. Click on the number on the left of the screen that indicates the book you want to renew.
7. Click on the Renew link.
If there is no Renew link, then you cannot renew the item. This could be for several reasons such as, your library card needs to be updated, or the item is out of renewals. Most items can only be renewed 3 times. If you cannot renew your item, contact the library.
A successful renewal will return you to your list of items on loan.
- Be sure to Logout when you are done by clicking the Logout button
- When you logout the My Library Account tab disappears
- If you switch to a non-My Libary Account function such as a new search while in your library account, you will be automatically logged out
- Close your internet browser to make certain other users cannot use the Back button to access your account