Services for AST Library Users
- Library Cards
- Renew books - you can renew your books 3 times if no one else needs them
- See our tutorial
- Photocopiers are available for personal copy use. Photocopying is self-service and uses AST photocopying cards which can be purchased at the Circulation Desk
- There is a $1 returnable deposit on the cards. They are in denominations of 20, 50, or 100 copies. The cost works out to 10¢ per page
- Printing on the library network printer costs 10¢ per printed page
- The network printer is a black and white LaserJet printer which can print on both sides of the page.
(ASIN) The Atlantic Scholarly Information Network
- Students, faculty and staff from any Atlantic Canadian university may borrow from each other's libraries
- Obtain an ASIN card from your university library
- Books may be returned at any participating library
We offer two Interlibrary Loan services to our patrons:
- Items in the Novanet catalogue can be requested through Novanet Express
- A Novanet Express request takes 3-5 days and is free for AST students, faculty and staff
- Interlibrary Loan to libraries outside of Novanet typically take a week and can cost $0-$20 depending on where we have to get the book or photocopy
- most Canadian university libraries where they will loan us books for free and only charge $5 for photocopies
- Interlibrary loan from the US or overseas typically cost more and take longer. We always try to find the least expensive and fastest source for Interlibrary Loans
- Ask at the Reference Desk for assistance or contact our Interlibrary Loans staff
Two group study rooms are available at the AST Library, free of charge, for the use of AST students, staff, and faculty, and members of the AST community. It is highly recommended that study rooms be booked in advance. Preference will be given to people with advance bookings. Contact the Circulation Desk to book a room.
- The condition of the Group Study and Resource rooms is the responsibility of the user. Remove all trash and personal belongings prior to leaving the Library.
- Food and drink is allowed in the study rooms.
- While using the rooms the noise level should be kept to a minimum, in consideration of other Library users.
- The library offers one-on-one consultation with students for their Graduate Research projects, thesis, or pretty well any research project they are having trouble with
- Please let us know at least a day in advance if you require a individual consultation for a project
- Rare, Special Collection and Archival materials may be accessed in-library, through consultation with library staff
- Please see our Rare Books and Special Collections conditions of use and registration form (pdf)