Theses written by AST students are available in the General Collection in the library. AST theses can be searched using the Novanet catalogue. In the Advanced Search, select "All Fields" and search for the keyword "AST-MSS". Limit your search location to "Atlantic School of Theology".
Master's Thesis Format Procedures
Follow the instructions outlined in the Master's Thesis Format Procedures document (available below) and submit required copies of your thesis, including all supporting documentation, to the AST Library. Contact Hilary Skov-Nielsen to schedule an appointment for thesis submission.
Questions regarding the formatting or submission of your thesis for binding can also be directed to Hilary Skov-Nielsen, (firstname.lastname@example.org, 902-420-1669)
- Master's Thesis Format Procedures (PDF): This document gives you all the essential instructions for preparing and submitting your thesis.
- Master's Thesis Information Sheet (PDF): This is a required form that must be filled out and submitted with the unbound copies of your thesis to the AST Library.
- UMI Form (PDF): This document needs to be filled in as part of the process of cataloguing your thesis for microfilming.
- Non-Exclusive License to Reproduce Theses (external link): This form is from the National Library, and needs to be printed on legal sized paper, or "shrunk-to-fit" on letter size paper.
- Electronic Thesis Waiver (PDF): This document grants permission to electronically store, distribute, and provide access to your thesis in the AST theses collection on the Saint Mary's University Institutional Repository.
The AST Library does not arrange for binding of personal copies of theses. Students interested in bound copies can contact a binding company directly to make arrangements. Below is a list of outside vendors who provide a bindery service. This list is not exhaustive.
PageforPage, via Lehmann Bookbinding, pageforpage.com
Scotia Bookbinding, Upper Tantallon, NS, scotiabookbinding.com
The Artist's Bindery, Boutiliers Point, NS, email@example.com, 902-826-7915
Copyrighted Material in Theses
Information about the use of copyrighted material in a thesis.
- Sample Title Page, Abstract, and Signature Page (PDF): Examples that can be downloaded and referred to when creating your thesis.
- Sample copyright permission letter, in Word and PDF form.
- Template (Word): Templates of the signature page, title page, and abstract page that can be downloaded and used in creating your thesis.