Style & Writing Guides
The Chicago Manual of Style
- Online version
- Print version is in the AST Reference Collection: Z 253 U69 2010
- See also their online Citation Quick Guide
A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations by Kate Turabian
- A variation of The Chicago Manual of Style, which provides guidelines for specifically papers, theses and dissertations
- AST General & Reference Collection: LB 2369 T8 2013
Writing Guides and Resources
- AST's in-house guide for writing academic papers
- Just one of many resources found at the Saint Mary's University Library Guides webpage
- Robert L. Bertini's excellent piece on How to Write a Literature Review. Asian Institute of Technology: Language Center, 2005
- Online guide from University of Toronto Writing Centre
Barzun, Jacques. The Modern Researcher. 6th edition. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth, 2004.
- AST Reference Collection: LB 2369 B28 2004
Badke, William B. Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog. 5th edition. Bloomington, IN: iUniverse LLC, 2014.
- AST Reference Collection: Z 710 B23 2014
Bolker, Joan. Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis. New York: H. Holt, 1998.
- AST General & Reference Collection: LB 2369 B57 1998
Collins, Billie Jean, Bob Buller, and John F. Kutsko. The SBL handbook of style: for biblical studies and related disciplines. Second Edition. Atlanta GA: SBL Press, 2014
- AST Reference Collection: PN 147 S26 2014
Core, Deborah. The Seminary Student Writes. St. Louis, Mo.: Chalice Press, c2000.
- AST Reference Collection: BR 117 C67 2000
Kibbe, Michael. From Topic to Thesis: A Guide to Theological Research. Downers Grove, Ill: IVP Academic, 2016.
- AST Reference Collection: BR 118 K53 2016