Style & Writing Guides
The Chicago Manual of Style
- Chicago Manual of Style Online
- Print version is in the AST Reference Collection: Z 253 U69 2017
- See also their online Citation Quick Guide
A manual for writers of research papers, theses, and dissertations by Kate Turabian
- Provides guidelines for academic papers, theses, and dissertations. Turabian Style is fully aligned with the 17th edition of the The Chicago Manual of Style (2017) and the 4th edition of The Craft of Research (2016)
- AST General & Reference Collection: LB 2369 T8 2013
Writing Guides and Resources
- AST's in-house guide for writing academic papers
- Just one of many resources found at the Saint Mary's University Library Guides webpage
- Robert L. Bertini's excellent piece on How to Write a Literature Review. Asian Institute of Technology: Language Center, 2005
- Online guide from University of Toronto Writing Centre
Barzun, Jacques. The Modern Researcher. 6th edition. Belmont, CA: Thomson/Wadsworth, 2004.
- AST Reference Collection: LB 2369 B28 2004
Badke, William B. Research Strategies: Finding Your Way Through the Information Fog. 5th edition. Bloomington, IN: iUniverse LLC, 2014.
- AST Reference Collection: Z 710 B23 2014
Bolker, Joan. Writing Your Dissertation in Fifteen Minutes a Day: A Guide to Starting, Revising, and Finishing Your Doctoral Thesis. New York: H. Holt, 1998.
- AST General & Reference Collection: LB 2369 B57 1998
Booth, Wayne C., Gregory G. Colomb, and Joseph M. Williams. The Craft of Research. 4th edition. Chicago: University of Chicago Press, 2016
- AST Reference Collection: Q 180.55 M4 B66 2016
Collins, Billie Jean, Bob Buller, and John F. Kutsko. The SBL handbook of style: for biblical studies and related disciplines. Second Edition. Atlanta GA: SBL Press, 2014
- AST Reference Collection: PN 147 S26 2014
Core, Deborah. The Seminary Student Writes. St. Louis, Mo.: Chalice Press, c2000.
- AST Reference Collection: BR 117 C67 2000
Kibbe, Michael. From Topic to Thesis: A Guide to Theological Research. Downers Grove, Ill: IVP Academic, 2016.
- AST Reference Collection: BR 118 K53 2016