Planning Guidelines for Daily Worship
Full-time students are asked & encouraged to share in leadership 2-4 times per term; part-time students – once per term.
Meet with your team 2 weeks before your turn comes up. The Group Study Room (library) works well for this.
What will be your theme, if any?
Remember to make use of the many books and resources in the Chapel and Library.
Review the Scripture readings for the week (BAS 499ff, or online at http://satucket.com/lectionary).
Consult closely with the Thursday preacher – is she/he speaking on a specific text or theme?
Consider other elements: music, prayers, movement, ritual, visual aspects.
Consult closely with Prof. Paul Halley (email) NOT LATER THAN THURSDAY of the week prior to your team’s leadership
Prof. Halley can also provide you with details re: copyright licenses if you are using music beyond our bound books.
Contact the Sacristan, Helen Chandler, if you need any help with items from the Sacristy or other assistance with the worship space.
Any needed photocopying can be done in the library with the Worship Committee photocopy card.
- Plan early!
- Seek to build a team that reflects the diversity of traditions at AST.
- Worship begins promptly at 11:45 a.m. and should last about 20 minutes (except Thursday, when chapel can last up to 40 minutes).
- Use a variety of sources and resources in your services – we are an ecumenical community!
- Begin by inviting announcements from the gathered community.
- Pass on your evaluations, reflections, comments, and concerns to the Worship Committee.