Upcoming Learning Units
Introduction to the Christian Scriptures
(Requ - online)
Introduction to ChristianTheology
(Requ - online)
More information on Residential Learning Units coming soon!
The following third-party events can be counted as electives toward the Diploma:
- Rendez-vous August 13-16, 2014, University of Manitoba, Winnipeg, MB. A national gathering for youth, young adults, and leaders - for all people who are passionate about youth and young adult ministries in the United Church of Canada. Rendez-vous 2014
- Boldy GO! October 2-4, 2013, at Tatamagouche Centre. Extend the reach of effective youth ministry within congregations and communities. www.tatacentre.ca
- Greenbelt Festival 2013: Where Arts, Faith and Justice Collide. August 23-26, 2013. www.greenbelt.org.uk. Openly encouraging youth and youth adult participants from all denominations, from all corners of the earth!
- Camp STUFF 2013, June 1 to June 3 (for camp staff) at Camp Kidston.
- Ignite, May 31-June 1, 2013, Assembly of the People of God, Spreading the light of Christ. World Trade and Convention Centre in Halifax. (Contact: John Stevens, Office of Pastoral Life & New Evangelization, Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth)
- Camp Directors & Senior Staff Training, May 28-31, 2013. For more information: Janice Campbell at Maritime Conference office: email@example.com. Camp Director's training is expanded this year to include senior staff. It includes Camp STUFF and is held this year in Debert, NS.
- Youth Forum, May 23-27, 2013, on behalf of Maritime Conference at Mt. Allison University (including facilitator's training April 26-28)
- Ask & Imagine May 5-11, 2013, in London, ON. www.askandimagine.org.
- (Extended) Godly Play, March 15-16, 2013, at St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church in Fredericton, NB. More info: www.godlyplay.ca and training events
- Let Us Play! February 6-9, 2013, in Orlando, Florida. More info: apce2013.com.
- Going Deeper: Youth Ministry Networking with Doris Kizinna, October 12-14, 2012, at Tatamagouche Centre. More info available at www.tatacentre.ca.
- On Fire - Canada Youth 2012, July 3 - 8, 2012 - St. Catherine's, ON, presented by the Presbyterian Church in Canada. In the 'Youth Ministry Training' track "Youth leaders will get re-charged with great plenary sessions, interactive workshops, dynamic panel discussions, and the opportunity to swap youth ministry ideas with colleagues from across the country. This is a rare chance to replenish the spirit, rejuvenate energy, and refine youth ministry programs."
- Camp STUFF 2012, for camp staff, is Friday, June 8 to Sunday, June 10, at Camp Ta Wa Si.
- Camp Director's & Senior Staff Training, June 5 - 10, 2012 - For more information: Janice Campbell at Maritime Conference office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Camp Director's Training is expanded this year to include Senior Staff. It takes place from Tuesday, June 5, to Sunday, June 10, and includes camp STUFF. It takes place at Mt. Allison University in Sackville, NB, and at Camp ta Wa Si at Johnston's Point, Port Elgin, NB.
If you participate in one of these programs, you must have the conference organizer(s) complete the Confirmation of Completion of Third Party Event form on your behalf. These confirmation forms should be sent to the Diploma Director's office within six months of the event.
Frequently Asked Questions (pdf)
Confirmation of Completion of Third Party Event
Your Program Status Checklist
The Guidelines (updated 2-Feb-12)
The Agreement (updated 2-Feb-12