Presidential Search 2022
Atlantic School of Theology is an ecumenical school of theology and Christian ministry founded in 1971 by institutions of its three founding parties: the Divinity Faculty of the University of King’s College (Anglican Church of Canada), Holy Heart Theological Seminary (The Roman Catholic Episcopal Corporation of Halifax) and Pine Hill Divinity Hall (United Church of Canada). It is specially characterized as an ecumenical, tri-denominational theological school with an ecumenical Board of Governors, Senate, Faculty, student body and curriculum.
The AST Mission Statement which was approved by the AST Board of Governors in June 2015 and confirmed in its Strategic Plan in early 2022 is as follows:
Atlantic School of Theology serves Christ’s mission by shaping effective and faithful ordained and lay leaders and understanding among communities of faith.
In keeping with the Mission, Vision, Goals and Strategies set out in the AST Strategic Plan 2022-2027 (PDF), AST has begun its search for a new president and the Board of Governors has appointed a search committee to oversee that process.
An extensive community consultation process with input from a variety of stakeholders is currently underway, with both in-person and electronic meetings taking place over the Summer.
A Request for Proposal went out in July 2022 to qualified executive search firms to identify potential high-quality candidates. The scope of services to be provided by the search firm includes the following, with full participation of the search committee and written reporting through all stages:
- Development of a formal job description and profile (this will follow an extensive stakeholder consultation process)
- Identification of a recruitment strategy to identify an appropriate pool of candidates
- Preliminary screening of potential candidates
- Preparation of interview questions
- Coordination of the interview process, including the conducting of interviews and the determination of salary requirements of potential candidates.
- Conducting of background and reference checks, and the notification of candidates who are not selected.
The Search Committee fully expects that the Board of Governors will be able to announce a successful candidate by June 2023.
Requests for additional information may be directed to Linda Yates, Chair of the AST Presidential Search Committee: Email Linda Yates