Diploma in the New Evangelization
From Pope Francis in Rome to Archbishop Mancini in Halifax, the New Evangelization is a core focus of Roman Catholicism today. Catholics are called to witness their faith, engage in the culture, and spread the news of Christ in a coherent and joyful way. A Diploma in the New Evangelization is designed to equip you for this mission. You’ll become an agent of the New Evangelization, grounded in Catholic thought, and skilled at sharing and explaining your faith in diverse environments. You’ll be able to speak about faith with more confidence to your children, grandchildren, friends, and co-workers. Moreover, you’ll be inspired within a faithful community of learning and challenged to live your life in a less ordinary way.
- You must have a high school diploma or its equivalent to be admitted to the program.
- You may begin the program in September or January, but program enrolment is required before taking any component.
- Please contact the David Deane at email@example.com or 902-943-1777 to discuss your interest in the program and to review the application process.
Program of Study
The diploma in the New Evangelization includes six core components taught at the Adult Education/Continuing Education level (please note that these are not university-credit courses). These components take place on AST’s campus or via the internet in real-time for two-and-a-half hours per week over 12 weeks.
If you have an up-to-date computer and high speed Internet access, you have the option to take components in real-time via the internet. Lectures will be streamed live and you will have the opportunity to participate in classroom discussions.
- Please refer to our Tuition & Administrative Fees page for component fees
- Some parishes and dioceses will sponsor or assist with your fees. Please inquire with your priest or parish council.
- Participants in the EQUIP program offered by the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth will have their Diploma fees paid by the Archdiocese. (More information is available on the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth website)
- Roman Catholics resident within the Halifax area who are not part of EQUIP are eligible for a fee subsidy thanks to a grant from the Patrick Power Foundation. Please inform the Academic Office when you apply if you hold this status.
Atlantic School of Theology is accredited by the Commission on Accrediting of the Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada. AST offers graduate and adult education programs in theology. The Diploma Program in the New Evangelization was designed in collaboration with the Archdiocese of Halifax-Yarmouth to address specific needs within the Catholic church.
More Information and Registration
An application form is available on our Application & Course Registration page
For more information on our programs, please contact our Recruitment and Vocations Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org