Worship At AST
Worship/Chaplaincy at AST
Our shared worship life is designed to nurture a rich sense of identity rooted in Christian community. These ecumenical services are in keeping with AST’s identity as expressed in our Mission Statement. During the Summer Term, chapel services normally begin at 8:15 a.m., with classes starting at 9:00 a.m. During Fall and Winter Terms, the services (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday) commence at 11:45 a.m. Services are normally 15 to 20 minutes, but approximately 30 minutes on Community Day.
- On Community Day (Thursday), the service normally includes a sermon. Preachers include senior students, faculty and guests.
- Denominational worship occurs on Wednesday in St. Columba Chapel: UCC 1:00-1:30 p.m., ACC 4:00-5:00 p.m., RCC 5:00-5:50 p.m.
- Teams preparing worship services are encouraged to integrate liturgical elements appropriate for ecumenical worship from a variety of Christian sources.
- A Chapel photocopy card is available for students to use when making copies for chapel services. Please inquire at the circulation desk in the library.
- AST also provides the services of two ecumenical chaplains who are normally on campus two days a week from approximately 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Students, staff or faculty may call, email or meet with the chaplains in order to discuss concerns/issues that impact their work/studies at AST. These conversations are strictly confidential. The chaplains play no role in evaluating the academic progress of students; they are impartial conversation partners. Their office is located in Room 108 in the residence building.
Worship/Chaplaincy Committee (2017/2018)
- Dr. Joan Campbell (AST Faculty Representative)
- Bonnie Skerritt (ACC Co-Chair)
- Joe Young (ACC Secretary)
- Kevin Parks (University Musician)
- Douglas Beck (University Sacristan)
- Jamie Bates (RC)
- Nicola Fish-Cumine (ACC)
- Heather Cronhelm (UCC)
Last updated on November 7, 2017