Distance students must be registered with the library in order to check out books, place holds or request interlibrary loans, and use online resources. To register with the library and receive a student ID please contact email@example.com or 902-423-7986.
E-books and online databases can be accessed from wherever you are and the library is always adding more. When accessing e-books through the Novanet catalogue or electronic journal articles in the EBSCO databases you will be prompted for OpenAthens credentials.
Username: asth(first initial)(last name)001 e.g., asthjsmith001
Password: You will be emailed a link asking you to create your password.
If you are a new student and have not received credentials please contact Robert Martel firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to access AST's online resources from off campus
Borrowing options for distance students
• Books & videos -- AST students who live more than two hours from AST may borrow and return books via the mail
• Articles -- The library will mail, or email journal articles to those who live more than two hours from AST
• Instructions for Novanet Express and Interlibrary Loan for AST Distance Students
• For more information, contact email@example.com or 902-423-7986
• See the Live Help Chat page
ATLA Reciprocal Borrowing Initiative
The AST library is a member of the American Theological Library Association (ATLA) based out of the United States. ATLA has recently started a program to connect member schools and to serve and loan materials out to distance and visiting students and faculty. A list of participating libraries is provided here: Participating Theological Libraries.
From ATLA: BORROWER'S RESPONSIBILITY
- Be a patron in good standing at a participating library.
- Be prepared to show proof of current enrollment at a participating library.
- Be informed about and abide by the rules and policies of the libraries they use.
- Return materials in a timely fashion according to the rules of the lending library.
- Assume responsibility for all materials borrowed, including but not limited to payment for lost/damaged materials and overdue fines
Questions, please contact Brad Murray – firstname.lastname@example.org