Registration is now closed for Fall 2023 Continuing Education classes
Should I be grieving? Disenfranchised Grief and the Caring Professions
- Speaker: Ginny Wilmhoff, MDiv
- Date/Time: Tuesday, September 26 at 7 pm
- Cost: $15 plus Eventbrite Fee. Please register on Eventbrite
- Format: Online
- This workshop aims to explore grief among clergy, chaplains/spiritual care practitioners, and healthcare professionals.
NICHOLSON LECTURES 2023
Ignorance as Bliss: Ecclesial Disappointment and Ecclesial Joy in the Context of the Holy Spirit's Work
- Speaker: Ephraim Radner (Ph.D., Yale University)
- Dates: Tuesday, October 10 and Thursday, October 12
- Time: 7 pm ADT
- Cost: Free. Please register on Eventbrite
- Format: Hybrid (online and in person)
Campus location: AST's St. Columba Chapel, 634 Francklyn Street, Halifax, NS
- These talks take as their general focus the experience of disappointment in the church’s divisions and in the failures that mark our hope for Christian unity. Such disappointments have historically bred adjusted theologies of unity that have, ironically, stoked further disappointments due to their commitments to an inadequate understanding of the promised work of the Holy Spirit in Christian life.