Why Study At AST?
Leaders come in many forms. Whatever your reason for interest in theological education, Atlantic School of Theology can help you to:
- Prepare for a specific ministry, whether in a congregational setting or some form of chaplaincy
- Ground your existing community and business leadership in a deeper understanding of the faith that shapes your commitment to your work
- Study ecumenical and interfaith questions to weave into your chosen path in life
- Understand faith and spirituality and how it has been expressed through the teaching, traditions, and practices of Christian and other communities
- Find a vocation to further study or teaching
- Take advantage of AST’s joint M.A. program with St. Mary’s University in Theology and Religious Studies, allowing you to study religious diversity, Canadian multiculturalism, globalization and public theology for leadership in a changing world
- Embrace studies that encourage community engagement, both locally and internationally
Our programs are designed to be flexible and responsive, with a wide range of elective courses to choose from.
Students also have the option of study in small, engaged classes on our Halifax campus on the beautiful Northwest Arm, or via distance education over the internet. Whether on campus or online, you will receive a high level of education and commitment to personal attention from our young, energetic and diverse faculty.
Atlantic School of Theology is a place that will give you a space to explore the roots that have nurtured your faith, and understand faith in the light of experience of Christians from many backgrounds. The wealth of this diverse community means that whatever you are looking for, you will find much more at AST.