Tuition Fees & Administrative Fees
Tuition Fees 2015/2016
|Tuition - Full-Time (10 credits per year)||$ 6,020.00|
|Tuition - One-Credit Course (1.0 credit)||$ 602.00|
|Audit Fee for a one-credit course (1.0 credit)||$ 301.00|
|Audit Fee for a 1.0 credit online or hybrid course||$ 451.50|
|Thesis Tuition (based on rate charged per academic credit)||$ 602.00|
|MTS Comprehensive Exam Fee||$ 1,806.00|
|Unit Fee - Adult Education Certificate Program||$ 420.00|
|Unit Fee - Diploma in Youth Ministry Learning Unit (offered over one academic term)||$ 420.00|
|Elective Fee - Diploma in Youth Ministry (offered for less than one academic term)||$ 275.00|
|Practicum Unit Fee - Diploma in Youth Ministry||$ 200.00|
|Component Fee - Diploma in the New Evangelization||$ 420.00|
Senior Citizens Tuition Fee Policy
Tuition fees for senior citizens (that is, those persons sixty-five years of age or older as of the first day of classes at the beginning of the applicable term) is one-half of the regular course fee for courses offered on campus and three-quarters of the regular course fee for courses offered via the Internet. Audit, Thesis, Comprehensive Examination, and Field Examination fees are all payable at the regular rate. Fees for Clinical Pastoral Education Units offered through an outside institution (eg. Nova Scotia Health Authority) and for which AST authenticates academic credit are payable according to fee schedule set by the outside institution.
Qualified students from Nova Scotia are eligible for a reduction in tuition under the Province of Nova Scotia University Student Bursary Program.
All students at AST who are not Canadian citizens or permanent residents of Canada will pay an International Differential Fee on tuition at the rate of two times the standard tuition rate.
- All fees and outstanding debts to the School are to be paid upon registration at the beginning of each term. Students in arrears will not be permitted to register.
- Changes in the Fall Term course registration must be submitted to the Registrar's Office, Room 131 of the Residence Building, by 5 p.m., September 25, 2015. Registrants in courses after this date will be required to pay fees for the entire Fall Term unless exempted.
- Changes in Winter Term course registration must be submitted to the Registrar's Office, Room 131 of the Residence Building, by 5 p.m., January 22, 2016. Registrants in courses after this date may be required to pay fees for the entire Winter Term unless exempted.
|Application fee - MDiv, MA (Theology & Religious Studies), and Graduate Certificate program||$ 70.00|
|Application fee - Special Student||$ 40.00|
|Prior Learning Portfolio Processing Fee||$ 400.00|
|Application fee - Adult Education Program||$ 25.00|
|Continuing Thesis Fee - MA (Theology and Religious Studies) and MTS||$ 100.00|
|Thesis Processing||$ 140.00|
|Graduation Fee - Degree Program||$ 75.00|
|Graduation Fee - Graduate Certificate Program||$ 30.00|
|Graduation Fee - Adult Education Certificate and/or Diploma Program||$ 25.00|
|Processing Fee - Diploma in the New Evangelization, Authentication of comp. of Koinonia||$ 25.00|
|Processing Fee - Diploma in Youth Ministry Program third party elective||$ 25.00|
|Processing Fee - Diploma in Youth Ministry Program transfer or exemption||$ 50.00|
|Transcript Fee - Official||$ 10.00|
|Transcript Fee - Unofficial||$ 5.00|
|Letter of Confirmation Fee||$ 10.00|
|Late Registration Fee (Full-Time Students)||$ 60.00|
|Late Registration Fee (Part-Time Students)||$ 30.00|
|Campus Renewal Fee, $5 per course, max. $50.00||$ 50.00|
|Technology Fee, $12.00 per course, max. $120.00||$ 120.00|
Student Association Fees
On April 30, 2007, an agreement was signed between the AST Student Union ASTSU) and the the Saint Mary's University Student Association (SMUSA). The agreement provides for a number of services to AST students, including health and dental plans, access to SMU's health centre, Metro Transit bus passes, and membership at the Tower Athletic Centre. For more information about these services, please contact the ASTSU at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The student association fees are listed below.
|Full-Time Students||ASTSU Fee||$ 120.00|
|SMUSA Student Fee (On Campus, FT)||$ 149.50|
|SMUSA Student Fee (Distance Students)||$ 52.00|
|SMUSA Student Fee (On-Campus, Winter Term Only)||$ 74.75|
|Bus Pass||$ 150.25|
|Health Plan (Canadian Students) *
|Health Plan (International Students) * Individual
|Dental Plan (Canadian and International Students) *
|Part-Time Students **||ASTSU Fee (per credit)||$ 12.00|
|SMUSA Fee (full year)||$ 52.00|
|SMUSA Fee (per term)||$ 26.00|
- * Students may opt out of medical and dental plans if they have existing health plans; students must sign a waiver and provide proof of existing insurance to SMUSA.
- ** A part-time student is a student taking 5 or fewer courses in an academic year. Part-time students are not eligible for a bus pass.
- Summer MDiv students are classified as part-time students for the purposes of SMUSA fees.
- International students should be familiar with the medical coverage they have to assist in determining what coverage they need.
- This information is current at time of writing. Fees approval is subject to referendums.