Notice: Due to COVID-19, a number of changes have been made to our standard Fall Term including offering all Fall Term 2020 courses online only. All AST courses will be online for September to December 2020. Fall Orientation (September 8th), chapel, music, and worship activities will take place online only. The AST Library will be open in the Fall Term, with some restrictions. Decisions about Winter Term 2021 will be made in December 2020. See the AST homepage (“COVID-19” link) for updates about COVID-19 and AST.
Fall Registration and Orientation
Due to COVID-19, Fall Registration, previously scheduled for September 8, 2020, has been cancelled. New and returning graduate students who are not currently registered for 2020-2021 should email their registration forms to the Acting Registrar (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 15, 2020. If you are a new or returning graduate student not currently registered for 2020-2021 and have questions about registration, email the Acting Registrar (email@example.com).
Orientation Day, September 8th 2020
10:00 am - Welcome with President Neale Bennet
10:30 am - Library Info with Emily Cooke
11:00 am - Office 365 with David Deane
1:00 pm - Pinehill Bursary and Accounts Info with Brenda Munro and Janice Varvel
2:00 pm - Session with Acting Academic Dean with Daniel Driver
Graduate Course Information and Registration
Academic Calendar and Course Offerings 2020-2021
- Academic Calendar 2020-2021
- Course Offering Summary 2020-2021
- Graduate Course Descriptions (see page 41 of the Academic Calendar 2020-2021)
All Fall Term 2020 courses will be set up on Brightspace and students will receive Brightspace course site logon information by September 8, 2020. Students will be notified by the instructor if the instructor chooses a course delivery platform other than or in addition to Brightspace.
- Course Indicator Form for 2020-2021 to register for the 2020-2021 academic year.
- Personal Registration Form for new students or students who have had a break in studies for one year or more.
- Course Leave and Enter Form to make a change to your 2020-2021 registration. This form is required if the Course Indicator Form was previously sent and a change is required
Last day for late registration for Fall Term courses is 1 pm on Monday, September 14, 2020. Please anticipate being able to access courses within 1 to 2 days after your course registration form is received by the Acting Registrar.
Summer Term tuition is due by June 19, 2020
Fall Term tuition is due by September 25, 2020
Winter Term tuition is due by January 22, 2021
Paying your tuition
If you have questions about registration, email the Acting Registrar.
For your information...
- AST students have the option to Special Order course textbooks through Saint Mary’s University Bookstore (copies of textbooks will not be automatically ordered).
- To purchase textbooks through SMU Bookstore, please complete the Special Order Form and fax or email the completed form to the bookstore. Please allow at least a 3-4 week lead time for special orders (the earlier the better).
For additional information, or if you have questions about textbook lists, please contact the Academic Office:
- Academic Office Email
- Telephone: 902-423-5592
AST offers the following programs
- Master of Divinity degree (campus based)
- Master of Divinity degree (summer distance)
- Honours Master of Divinity degree (35 courses) - This option may be pursued in either the campus-based or the summer distance configuration (above)
- Master of Arts (Theology and Religious Studies)
- Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies
- Diploma in Theological Studies (Online)
- Diploma in the New Evangelization
- Diploma in Missional Leadership
If you are an international student click here.
Contact our Recruitment and Vocations Coordinator for further information on our programs:
HealthyMinds NS was created to make sure students have access to mental health supports whenever they need them. Their website offers multiple mental health supports and services available and free to post-secondary students in Nova Scotia.
For more information, visit: https://healthymindsns.ca/
To view our PDF's, download the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader