Graduate Course Information and Registration
Applying to Graduate
Any AST student who expects to complete program requirements by the end of the Winter Term 2022 must submit a Graduation Application. A Graduation Application is required whether you plan to graduate in person or in absentia. The deadline to submit the Graduation Applicaiton (fillable PDF) to the Registrar (email@example.com) is Dec. 16, 2021. Convocation will be on May 7, 2022.
Graduate Studies - Graduation Application
Diploma Program - Graduation Application
Academic Calendar and Course Offerings
- Summary of Graduate Course Offerings 2021-22
- Graduate Course Offerings 2021-22
- Academic Calendar 2021-2022
- Course Indicator Form for 2021-2022
- Personal Registration Form 2021-2022 for new students or students who have had a break in studies for one year or more.
- Course Leave and Enter Form to make a change to your 2021-2022 registration. This form is required if the Course Indicator Form has been submitted and a change is required.
Letter of Permission for External Courses
Students enrolled in a program at AST must have written permission to take courses outside AST for credit in their program. A student must first discuss plans to take courses offered by an external institution with her or his Faculty Advisor.
Permission will be granted only for courses offered at the Master’s level or higher. Students must complete a Letter of Permission form (fillable PDF) and have it signed by the Registrar. Letter of Permission for External Courses
For additional information please see the Academic Calendar.
Summer term tuition is due by June 18, 2021
Paying Your Tuition
If you have questions about registration, email the Acting Registrar.
For your information...
- AST students have the option to Special Order course textbooks through Saint Mary’s University Bookstore (copies of textbooks will not be automatically ordered).
- To purchase textbooks through SMU Bookstore, please complete the Special Order Form and fax or email the completed form to the bookstore. Please allow at least a 3-4 week lead time for special orders (the earlier the better).
For additional information, or if you have questions about textbook lists, please contact the Academic Office:
- Academic Office Email
- Telephone: 902-423-5592
AST offers the following programs
- Master of Divinity degree (campus based)
- Master of Divinity degree (summer distance)
- Honours Master of Divinity degree (35 courses) - This option may be pursued in either the campus-based or the summer distance configuration (above)
- Master of Arts (Theology and Religious Studies)
- Graduate Certificate in Theological Studies
- Diploma in the New Evangelization
- Diploma in Missional Leadership
If you are an international student click
Contact our Recruitment and Vocations Coordinator for further information on our programs:
HealthyMinds NS was created to make sure students have access to mental health supports whenever they need them. Their website offers multiple mental health supports and services available and free to post-secondary students in Nova Scotia.
For more information, visit: https://healthymindsns.ca/
To view our PDF's, download the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader