Diploma in Missional Leadership
Has the post-pandemic world left you feeling more confused about how to lead in this next season of Church and society? Throughout the western world, leaders are saying that they feel like they are wandering through the desert, unsure of what’s next or which direction to move. Many of us know colleagues who have walked away from ministry and other important roles. Is there another option?
AST has developed an exciting program for a limited cohort to wrestle through these important topics and more, starting in January 2024.
The Diploma in Missional Leadership focuses on educational content and strengthening practical leadership skills that engage a changed and changing world and Church. Together with other learners and ministry practitioners across Canada and beyond, you will form a supportive learning group who will take the courses together.
The Diploma in Missional Leadership is an 18-month program that combines on-campus and online learning. It is open to ministry leaders (lay and ordered) and to others interested in mission and leadership in the 21st century.
Is the DML for you?
- Are you interested in developing the knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to engage a future that will not be like the past?
- Do you want to be part of a community of learners who offer each other ongoing support and encouragement?
- Does a credential from an accredited Canadian university appeal to you?
- Would you like to cultivate personal attributes such as courage, wisdom, resilience, vision, trust, adventurousness, and spiritual maturity and rootedness?
If you said “YES” or even “MAYBE” to one or more of these questions, the DML is for you. Get in touch to talk it over.
Instructors in this program include Alan Roxburgh, Lisa Vaughn, Chris Pullenayegem, Connie denBok, Shawn Branch, Dave Robinson, Simon Muwowo, Rob Fennell, and more.
Course Format and Timeline
To complete the Diploma in Missional Leadership, you will take these four modules in sequence, as follows:
- Leaders as Learners (February 5-8, 2024, online)
- Leaders in Context (June 10-13, 2024, on campus. You must attend in person in Halifax, Nova Scotia. This module is not available in hybrid format. Suggestions for accommodations will be provided to you.)
- Leaders with a Tradition (one week October 2024, online)
- Leaders Developing Leaders (one week February 2025, online)
Each module is offered “live in real time” (no recordings), whether online or on campus, over a span of 4 days. Each day will be a full time learning day, so you will need to dedicate those days to learning.
Course Delivery: Both Online and In-Person
- This program includes both online and on-campus elements.
- This Diploma Program does not qualify for a Canadian Study Visa
Graduation: May 2025 at the AST Convocation
Pre-graduation retreat (optional)
- You must have a high school diploma or its equivalent to be admitted to the program.
- You must commit to participating fully in all components of the program.
- Access to an up-to-date computer and Internet access (preferably high speed) is required.
- Commitment to missional leadership is expected, in some form of a ministry or community work (lay or ordered/recognized ministry).
Diploma Program Fees
- $541 (CAD) per module (4 modules in total); approx. $100 for books; cost of travel to and accommodation in Halifax for one week in June 2024 (a range of options is available)
- Some congregations, parishes, or other denominational bodies will sponsor or assist with your fees and expenses. Please make your own inquiries to these groups.
- Chris Pullenayegem (starting January 2024)
- Complete the DML Application Form
- November 30, 2023
- For more information on this Diploma and AST’s other programs, please contact our Recruitment Coordinator: email@example.com
Last updated September 15, 2023