Diploma in Theological Studies (fully online)
This Diploma provides an introduction to theological studies for anyone who is curious about the field and would like to broaden their knowledge. It is offered entirely via internet, and has a total of four components. It is an ideal program if you are interested in theology but do not want to pursue a degree program.
DTS Program Structure
The four components of the Diploma in Theological Studies are offered exclusively online using Brightspace, a comprehensive education technology platform. You will need an up to date computer and reliable internet access to participate.
The four program components are as follows:
- Introduction to the Christian Scriptures: Using critical methods of biblical study, this component will introduce you to the Gospels and the letters of Paul.
- Introduction to Christian Theology: The purpose of this component is to introduce you to the major themes in the Christian theological tradition.
- Introduction to the Hebrew Scriptures: This component uses critical methods of biblical study to familiarize you with the Pentateuch and the Prophetic Literature.
- Introduction to Pastoral Ministry: This component will introduce you to major themes in the practice of Christian ministry.
In 2022-2023, the following components will be offered:
- DTS 2000 Introduction to the Old Testament (online in Fall 2022)
This unit uses critical methods of biblical study to familiarize you with the Pentateuch and the Prophetic Literature of the Hebrew Scriptures (Old Testament).
- DTS 3000 Introduction to Pastoral Ministry (online in Winter 2023)
This unit will introduce you to the major themes in the practice of Christian pastoral ministry.
- To apply to the Diploma in Theological Studies program, please complete the application form found on the applications page and submit it to the Academic Office with the appropriate fee.
Diploma Program Fees
- Application fee for the Diploma program is $55.00
- Tuition for each Diploma program component is $515.00
- Related books and resource materials will cost approximately $60.00 per component
For more information
- Please contact AST’s Recruitment Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org