Course Offerings Academic Year 2024-2025


Important Dates

How to register for a course at Saint Mary's University

Letter of Permission for External Courses

  • Students enrolled in a program at AST must have written permission to take courses outside AST for credit in their program. A student must first discuss plans to take courses offered by an external institution with her or his Faculty Advisor.
  • Permission will be granted only for courses offered at the Master’s level or higher. Students must complete a Letter of Permission form (fillable PDF) and have it signed by the Registrar. Letter of Permission for External Courses
  • For additional information please see the Academic Calendar.

If you have questions about registration, email the Registrar.


For additional information, or if you have questions about textbook lists, please contact the Academic Office at


  • All students who plan to graduate must submit a Graduation Application to the Registrar by November 1. Please ensure you download the form before filling it in and submit to by November 1. This application is essential whether you plan to attend the graduation ceremony in person or participate in absentia. Please include your student number (A#) on the form if possible.
  • At the time of application, please make sure you are registered in all courses required to complete your program requirements. It's important to consult with your Faculty Advisor to ensure that you will have completed all the necessary courses for graduation.

Healthy Minds

HealthyMinds NS was created to make sure students have access to mental health supports whenever they need them. Their website offers multiple mental health supports and services available and free to post-secondary students in Nova Scotia.

For more information, visit:


To view our PDF's, download the latest free version of Adobe Acrobat Reader