Worship at AST
Worship/Chaplaincy at AST
Our shared worship life is designed to nurture a rich sense of identity rooted in Christian community. These ecumenical services are in keeping with AST’s identity as expressed in our Mission Statement. During the Summer Term, chapel services normally begin at 8:15 a.m., with classes starting at 9:00 a.m. During Fall and Winter Terms, worship is scheduled on Tuesday and Thursday at noon. The Tuesday service is in-person in the chapel and Thursday, is a hybrid Chapel/zoom service.
To access Thursday Chapel, use the link
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/82848559952?pwd=M2VXVk5IT0pPTVVqYWh2a3FMdUIvUT09 (Passcode 300021)
- On Community Day (Thursday), the service normally includes a sermon. Preachers include senior students, faculty and guests.
- Teams preparing worship services are encouraged to integrate liturgical elements appropriate for ecumenical worship from a variety of Christian sources.
- A Chapel photocopy card is available for students to use when making copies for chapel services. Please inquire at the circulation desk in the library.
- AST also provides the service of an ecumenical chaplains. Students, staff or faculty may call, email or meet with the chaplain in order to discuss concerns/issues that impact their work/studies at AST. These conversations are strictly confidential. The chaplains play no role in evaluating the academic progress of students; they are impartial conversation partners.
Worship/Chaplaincy Committee (2023/2024)
- Pam Brown (Co-Chair)
- Sonja van de Hoef-Fraser (Co-Chair)
- Phillip Breden
- Donna Kelly
- Jacqui Moraal
- Diane Tait
- Kevin Parks (University Musician)
- Dr. David MacLachlan (Faculty Advisor)
- Ruth MacNeil (Tech support)
- Samuel Landry (Tech support)
Last updated on October 13, 2023